Tuesday, May 05, 2009

How

inspired to write this song by a friend. Wrote this song on the train on the way home from uni.... Recording is not perfect but you get the idea.
Enjoy....


How - Lorraine Chai

Lyrics n music by Lorraine Chai

It would be...
I would see...
It would be that I will see
How you would be to me

And I know that it’s true
That my heart can’t take you
You’ve inspired my heart
And you’ve made my soul sing out
How would I be today?
If I’ve said No all the way
How?
Now
How?

Chorus:
How many times has it been?
How many ways which I’ve gone through
How many secrets do you know about me?
How can I be my own self?
Without you holding my hand
Oh how would life be tomorrow?

For I’ve longed for your touch
When the time would stay still
You’ve made me wanna dance
And feel the rhythm of the world.
How would I be today?
Without knowing you this way
How?
Now
How?

2 Comments:

At 1:03 am, Blogger Zech said...

Whoa... depressing song..

I like the part 'And feel the rhythm of the world'with slight hint of major 7th over minor chord.. nice twist.

Would prefer the chorus in 'brighter mood' though.. with bits of major or major 7th chords 2 kick up the song.

Well, mayb juz me tat like this song to be a more jazzy depressing song.

Nice work overall! Made me itchy to wanna write songs!

Cheers n keep it up!

 
At 1:09 am, Blogger mya said...

heheheh....
I did use majors here n there and plenty of 7th notes =)
I've given up trying to jazz up music. Just writing according to how i hear it in my head now.
thanks for the comment chor =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home