Tuesday, February 12, 2008

you're like a kitten to my heart

a busy day in the big apple(i mean in cat town). Another day of work to keep my mind of things which makes me sad. Arranging papers, checking students, attending students and making sure things went alright at swinburne university, kuching. 94 students in the auditorium and 3 new supervisors under my care. They work pretty slow but careful. Halfway working i heard a cry of kittens. My heart wanted to see them but my duty was to my work. The meaowing got louder and louder and I felt a pain at the side of my heart. I worked fast until everything was sort of sorted out. Then i walked casually to the back of the audi, opened the door to find a frighten kitten at the door. I picked her(i'm assuming it's a female. gender didn't really came to mind) up and put her around my arms. For a moment I didn't think of filth but thought of the time i was out with R when he petted a stray cat. I cuddled the little thing and hushed her until she stopped crying. Then i brought her in. I sat in front and continued doing my job while the rest did their rounds. Kitty looked at me and hissed when I brought paper around the table but it was a little hiss. Not long after she fell asleep in my arms. A few friends came over and she hissed at them loudly.
Once again I felt my heart melt and I felt like bringing her home badly. She smelt of pedigree and off baby animals. I tried to find her mum but couldn't. I even tried putting her on the ground. She just looked at me with the 'mama....don't leave me' look and cried loudly. I walked away and she followed me while crying. I tried sms-ing a few friends but none seem to be interested to keep her. I couldn't keep her since I have 4 dogs and mum hates animals in the house. I sighed deeply and called one of my friends working at Swinburne. I couldn't part with her while she cried. He took her off me and I tried not to let my heart break of sadness. She was the kitten to my heart. The little adorable, furry, lovable thing.
I had to let my heart continue hardening instead of melting with love. It's too painful for the parting bit for me to handle... *sigh*
But that afternoon I was actually inspired to write a lyrics to a song I was thinking of doing for church. I just hope it's ok. G said it sounded happy.... lol... a happy song for a change. A song of encouragement and love..... For
you're like a kitten to my heart

1 Comments:

At 11:23 am, Blogger Aleckii said...

Ahhh... if I was in Kuching I probably will keep her, though I have a puppy at home too... Hm. Hope she's doing ok.

Heard some of your recording. Pretty impressive! A bit blur though, maybe there's a way to record a clearer version? Life is beautiful is a beautiful track. Nicely sung and played!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home