Saturday, January 19, 2008

upcoming performances

Was asked to perform in jambu this tuesday but it's too soon. I don't have a solid band. My drummer left coz he injured himself so he can't play. My bassist got himself into some shit so he's laying low and my pianist has some family function or something. So I had to look all over again for players. In a way it's meeting new ppl so all's good.
I got a confirmation from mojo. Will be playing there on the 30th Jan with a few other band. 45 minutes. I think i'll ask to perform 1st. I still dunno what time they start. It's so exciting. But with all this I'm starting to wish I had a manager. It's heaps of work to contact ppl and make sure everything is good and stuff plus I don't like to talk about money. But for mojo now I got 2 bands. From all the asking around. I have my original 1st band with ppl who haven't played jazz but wanna try and really sound excited and I have another group with my friend(who studied in Berklee, Boston) and his friends. He's a good pianist so I trust him. Now I have to choose between 2 groups. I really dunno..... My new drummer is 14 year old guy my original bassist introduced. My bassist and pianist are my friends from church. Pianist is not too good with jazz but we'll see with the drummer on monday.
Fling sms me today. He still wants me to perform there but he hasn't been able to find a good sound system for me to sing. So we'll see.
I never thought they'll all call back. I was all ok with going bck to my boring life then suddenly everyone started calling me up. So it's all cool.
Today I performed in church. Last minute and I wasn't in the mood to sing coz it wasn't really serious. I recorded the performance. My voice has really improved but it's always the mic. The mic I was using wasn't good. There was a loose mic for me to use but it wasn't on or wasn't working so I used the one they used for preaching.
I just couldn't care less performing in church. Wat I really wanna do is sing outside and be myself. Improvising and having fun with a group who wants to play and have fun. Only now have I realized that it's hard to find ppl who really love music enough to try things out and just jam for fun....
*sigh* hmmm.....
so conclusion,
Mojo
30th Jan, wednesday night
Lady's night
=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home