Wednesday, December 26, 2007

1st xmas performance

1st ever live in Kuching and it was seriously scary. I had to put up all my courage and have a really thick skin before doing what I did. All I need to work on now is the lyrics and eye contact. I tend to get lost in the music and let my mind wonder off. I think it's lack of practice.
1st we performed for this Mr international 2007/08 for 15 minutes. It was a really sucky place. Keyboard was crap. And there wasn't any music stands or chairs. It wasn't too bad i should think. Although the keyboard started sounding crap and it transposed and stuff. But I think it wasn't too bad. A guy helped hold up my book and said my voice was lovely totally ignoring my pianist but the candidates for Mr International totally ignored me and asked my pianist if he was playing again. Pretty hilarious but that was it i suppose. A pretty crap performance but not too bad until you don't feel like performing anymore. By the way for your info, my pianist is Lionel Lam =D and yes, he's on my blog list so you can check out his blog version of the performance if he DOES write one.
After the cruise, we went to fling to check out the place. Actually I dunno why I went there also. I think it was more of coz the boss kept asking me to perform and sing there plus he kept inviting me there so me and Lionel went. Ended up eating, drinking there and also performing 2 songs. Dunno how that happened. The only problem was that i needed a mic. That's the only thing. Other then that it was soo much better then the Mr International thingy.
I'm happy and sorta satisfied. Can't wait till the next gig. I hope my performance was ok or rather good. I wonder what ppl really thought. I hope it was worth the dream and effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home