Saturday, October 20, 2007

let the fingers play the music

Wasn't suppose to be playing piano in church today but the organist sorta hurt his toe by kicking a chair so had to play. During offering, I was going to play 1 of the hymns with an intro which i had to make up on the spot. But with the intro, I ended up playing my own tune instead of playing the hymn. My fingers had it's own life and kept on playing. My mind disappeared into it's own world expressing my feelings through the piano. I forgot there were people in the church and just kept playing until the ushers were done with their offering bags. Thought the music was depressing. I think it's more of the deeper part of my soul then depression. It's music without words. Anyways, right before the sermon, one of the members came over to ask me what song i was playing. He said it was really nice. At 1st i thought he was talking about "Jesus loves the little children" which i played for children's story but then i realize the only other song was the one during offering. I said, I made it up on the spot. He was like "wow, you should play it again. It's really nice". The only problem is once i play my music, I forget how i played it. That's why I bring a music recorder with me everywhere I go. When I have music ideas at any time, I just record myself for future use. Haven't been composing for ages. Lost my composition book too. *sigh*
This is the 2nd-4th time since someone commented about my piano playing since kl. I surprise myself sometimes but i suppose it's a part of breaking free from silence into the world of opportunity and life... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home