Sunday, June 24, 2007

ABC recording live

Chamber choir was asked to perform live by ABC radio station. Rather interesting.Surprisingly there was a huge crowd and everything went sorta smoothly.Love the sound of applause. Although nobody I knew were in the crowd which happens most the time, the sound of applause changed the whole atmosphere for me.
The whole day was light for me. Last performance for the semester. Conductor wanted us to come back next semester so I guess I'll be taking an extra subject next semester again but chamber choir wouldn't be part of my credit point this time. There was free food on the table (sandwiches) and i was forced to use the choir scarf which kept falling down on stage. But everything else seems find. Singing and being around friends lightens the atmosphere.
After performance and hugs with friends, I walked down to Circular Quay(train station). Promised to visit one of the ladies at the market near there after my performance. While walking, a random man on the street started talking to me. Surprising thing happened. As some of you may know, I don't really talk to strangers but today I was in such a good mood I decided to talk. He may need directions or something. So I turned down the volume of my ipod and asked him to repeat what he said...... He was like "excuse me...... But you are very beautiful." That really caught me off guard. Really random but thats what happened. I was like "oh... thanks" Then he said, "It's true. You're absolutely beautiful"(or maybe he said breath taking. Can't remember. Still had my ipod on that time. Kinda awkward moment so I said, "ok... (giggles)... well, you have a good day now. bye..." Unfortunately it wasn't a handsome bloke or some prince on the horse kinda scenario. Lol. It was just some old dude, hunched and had a band aide on his nose.
Same thing happened on the train. Started talking to this random lady who was asking for directions. I think she was a bit off in the mind and the rest of the passengers on the train sorta ignored her. I would usually ignore these people pretending I didn't hear them considering I always have my ipod on. But I talked to her a bit and just let her talked and talked even though there were times I sorta zoned out or didn't understand. Was worried she was going to ask money from me.
Came home as usual but felt no stress. Now this is the life... You don't hear from people you wanna hear from and people say things but disappoint you but who gives a damn. It's a huge world and there are people that notices your existence somehow or another... You just gotta move on and live the life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home