Monday, May 21, 2007

Chamber choir

Thanks to lyn I'm in chamber choir and tonight was my 1st chamber choir performance. Performance was awesome and dull in a way. As usual the crowd was supportive yet the hall was half empty which was depressing. Nobody in which i invited came as usual except sweet old james and amy and her family. We had the baroque orchestra perform with us. Btw, I can't stand baroque sounds. Rehearsals were torture considering I have sensitive pitch(I'm not perfect pitch although training to be 1) but thank God performance pitch was bearable. Although the main alto solo(who isn't a singer) was very flat all the way which was painful to my ear.
During the performance I started thinking about being on stage alone and all. In a way I was disappointed coz I wasn't chosen to sing solos and nobody noticed me but then again maybe it means I'm not ready to stand up front and sing out loud yet. Maybe I need to learn to be humble and be considered about other ppl. There were a few terrible alto solo parts but I suppose I can't really say much.
Can't say it's over though. Another performance with the big choir(chamber choir helping out big choir). We are singing Carmina Burana. But I call it the 'banana song' =D Some how I can't say the name and the word banana always comes to mind ;p The piece is really interesting. Going to tape it performance. I hope there is someone i know in the audience who would record it for me. I missed out tonight's performance and didn't get any pictures taken. Damn.
I love performing. Just wish I was given the chance to be up front singing my heart out.
I'm turning more into a singer then a pianist. Acting like one and I'm starting to dress like one. Hmmm..... And yes, you can more or less tell what a person's good instruments are. I can anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home