Monday, April 16, 2007

Performers

How do you define them? Their connection and definition to music is amazing. The ones which are the performers material are the ones you see on stage with endless expressions on their faces or the movement of their body. Being in another world just playing or singing your heart out. No matter how nervous they maybe, their connection to music brings them to another world and their awareness performing to crowds just disappear. So does this explain why musicians are so emotional?
I've been hearing in uni all day today that majority musicians somehow are really good in maths. Dunno how true that is. 2nd year students come to the conclusion that the 1st years don't look the music material.
And talking about performers, my 3rd concert practise is this wednesday. Hopefully it'll go well. Performing by memory again and afraid I'd stumble considering the piece is like super fast. Playing 1 of the studies by Cramer. But I suppose as usual all I have to do is take a deep breath, keep my chin up high, imagine an empty hall and let God do the rest with my fingers and the keys.

3 Comments:

At 11:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are those who perform to bring joy to others and there are those who perform to glorify themselves. Which type are you?

 
At 3:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is she the one keeps glorifying herself with the little self?

 
At 7:52 pm, Blogger mya said...

-.-!!
No. I do music not to glorify myself. If it is so, then what's the point in doing it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home