Monday, April 30, 2007

Fingers

Has it's own character. Just had another piano lesson today. Before I went for lesson, I was practicing the whole morning. While doing so, was thinking how much I've changed. Not only by thought, character but also the way I project my performance and how I handle things.
Used to be worried about what people might think of me or my music or performance. But everybody think music differently. That's why you have different genre. Used to hold back on expressing a piece, instead of playing ff(very loud), i play f(loud) or mf(moderately loud). Today, I play what is needed or written. Fingers used to not move and turn stiff having another person watching me, a more experience person sitting in or a male teacher teaching. Now I'm more concentrated grabbing whatever knowledge and technique on piano playing. I know technique is something i lack. But I suppose that happens considering I didn't really a teacher for piano.
Wrist doesn't hurt as much as it used to but it's still fragile. Actually it doesn't hurt much. Improving with piano and feeling good about it.
My rhythm is slacking. Used to be good in rhythmic passages but ever since I've taught, I seem to be picking up students bad habits as well ;p
Clarinet? Haven touched it since last performance in december. Going to try get back on it either during the holidays or after my major music exam at the end of the year.
I LOVE what I'm doing (=

1 Comments:

At 2:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your fingers have characters, just like you. Define your characters to be, be loving and lovable by everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home