Sunday, January 06, 2008

KAY choir

ak Kuching Adventist Youth Choir

Today was the 1st I was given the power (by big boss) to lead the choir. It felt good. Teaching and making music. They sang in great harmony and the tone was breathe taking. It threw me off my shoes and got me speechless for once. It was like 'WOW!!!'. I was impressed and proud of the youth. I've coached heaps of ppl and they never seem to fail to give good results although not perfect. That's why I took music education in the 1st place.
I may not be able to memorize or remember things as my memory has been fading year after year whether anyone believes that but I do know tunes and the feeling and the touch of the world stays in memory.
Been asked to sing in church several times by different ppl. I can't wait for that to happen. The music of improvisation, voice and tune is the best thing I've ever found. Lyrics? That's why I'm doing jazz, you don't have to remember the words totally. As long as the music is in your skin.
Been looked down upon heaps of time but nothing is going to stop me from being nervous about performing and having the time of my life on stage.
As I was taught, the secret of performing is engaging yourself with your nerves and the spirit of music of the air. Just breathe the air of beat, rhythm and reach in to your inner self for inspiration.

12 Comments:

At 4:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More and more like your mom! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

*evil grins* Hiak Hiak

 
At 9:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

 
At 2:30 pm, Blogger Aleckii said...

Wow, I really would like to watch one of your performances. Will you be in Kuching from now on or are you only on your holiday?

 
At 2:51 pm, Blogger mya said...

-.-!!!! i hate it when ppl say I look like my mum but I do agree with that after I saw the video. And I hate it. I wanna look like myself and be myself. I don't wanna be like another person.
I'm only bck for holiday. Leaving end of feb. I can't remember the date ;p
But I'm planning of performing in Kuching at least once before i go bck to syd. That's my dream and it's on my 'to do list'. I'll be doing a few items in church but the dream is still to be out there outside the walls of the church doing my thing... =)

 
At 7:17 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

hey.. u do really look like ur mom. every one in church says tht. prob u need to change ur hair a bit. hehe....

 
At 10:16 pm, Blogger mya said...

how do i NOT look like my mum? My hairstyle also different from hers wat. I like short hair and she has long hair. Any suggestions?

 
At 3:09 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

no idea dear, ur face just almost look like her. replica.. haha..

 
At 1:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice posing =)

 
At 3:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA.... No comment... Hiak Hiak

 
At 7:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are tagged by Ms Gladys. Hiak Hiak.

 
At 10:19 pm, Blogger mya said...

HAHAHA... wat la u gladiezz.
Do you know anywhere got place which needs either singers or models? =D
I'm THAT bored in kch.... =)
I wanna do something different.

 
At 1:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes sure. Hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home