Monday, December 31, 2007

sang at holiday inn

Tonight was interesting.
As some of you know, I'm still looking for places to perform. Went to holiday inn to check it out during the day and heard they were looking for a female singer. So planned to go back there at night. But mum had her old classmate over for dinner with her family. Said she had 2 sons around my age. Wasn't at all interested but ended up giving in and stayed for dinner. Surprisingly it wasn't so bad. They actually talked and wasn't shy. Boys from the states. Now those kinda boys I like. Cool dudes =)
Even with the dinner and conversation, I made it a point of going back to meet the band. I got parents green flag and went. Luckily those boys wanted to follow which made things easier for me. I brought them to a couple of places and the band was nice. I have to remember not to speak in fluent english with my accent. I find that these ppl tend to struggle talking to me. They only felt comfortable talking to me after I added a few bahasa melayu or bahasa sarawak in my sentances =)
Anyways, they got me to sing 2 songs.... 'L-O-V-E' and 'girl from ipanema'. The girls wanted me to sing more but the thing was I wasn't paid so I didn't quite wanna do that although I did enjoy singing up there. Once I started singing, it was like the stage was mine. It was magnificent. The boys thought I was nervous but I was just thinking about performing. I felt like singing more. It was like part of me. Although I don't move as much as those singers, I enjoy and I don't fear performing anymore. I don't tremble like I use to on stage. I suppose I need to use more space for hand gestures. Improving bit by bit. I just can't wait to perform more. It's like a drug.
1st time parents didn't call me the whole night so it was a great night. It was Kevin's bday which made it fun as well I suppose although no bday cake. And Justin was cool too. Love those guys. Didn't think I'd enjoy their company but they were cool.
Next stop? Mojo? Jambu? Fling?
These are the few places which asked me to play. I just need confirmation dates from them. Hopefully soon. I really can't wait.
Jamming with full band on the 2nd next year.
More news soon =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home