Saturday, December 29, 2007

2nd performance

was in church and it was something I would have never done or never dared to do in a traditional church like mine.
Did a medley of 'He lives' and 'Our God Reigns' during the 1st section with deal accompanying me. We hardly practice. Only tried it out twice then on stage we just improvised all the way. Something new I did with hymn songs. But as usual I thought the rehearsal was SOOO much better then the actual performance.
2nd solo I did was 'Tiny hand in mine'. It's a xmas song about Mary singing to her baby. I was accompanied by the choir and sound track. Choir was quite soft and as usual I was looking too much at my piece since we also hardly rehearse on this piece. Only did it twice and I was sight reading. I need to work on my hand movement and eye contact. I suppose I need more practice as well so that I would remember the words. Need to work on that as well.
A few aunty came up saying if I have an album to give them one or let them know. That's not such a bad idea isn't it? =) But finding accompanist and musicians are always hard and it's hard to find someone committed to rehearse over and over again and record.
I'll put up 2 of the recording which dad did on youtube. It's not perfect and all and I know pitch is sorta the problem. I didn't warm up at all and it was really rushing the whole way.
The funny thing is. This time when I'm singing up there, I felt confident and I wasn't trembling as I always do before. I just sang and I felt the music as usual. I felt like I was lost in the music although I was looking at the words. I just need to fix other things about my singing. I've fixed my stage frightness, singing technique, mic holding but now have to work on hands and eye contact. Little by little baby.. little by little =)

2 Comments:

At 3:27 pm, Blogger JH Kueh said...

화이팅!!

Go Musicalpup!! Cheers


I want, I want...I want to listen. Where's the link?




PS: Welcome back

 
At 8:51 pm, Blogger mya said...

will be up soon once i figure out how to cut the sections and transfer the stuff from tape unto the computer.
=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home