Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rain Forest Music Festival 2006

The best. Expecially being with the ppl you care about the most.
Regardless the heat, sweat, stickiness and tiredness, everything went sorta well. There were moments which were boring or rather scary(with drunk ppl) but it was all fun. I met frens I haven seen in ages. Hoping to bump into certain ppl but didn't. Hoping to meet up and chat with certain ppl but didn't. At least I didn't need to worry about bumping into ppl I don't wanna see... =) Glad for that. No stalkers.... ;p
The music and all was great. God sisters were glad I got them to come to Kuching. WC on the other hand was in Penang complaining in boredom. He blaimed us gals for not inviting him which we did for ages.
Anyways,...
In the festival I felt different. I didn't feel like the lorraine i used to be. I felt abit lighter and less holding back. Although there were plenty of times I tried not to be over board dancing up front with those bunch of drunks. I still have my reputation to keep. Not to mention ppl do know me.
I found out that they actually broadcast my face on the screen without me knowing it and a photographer took my picture to put on the net(Rain forest web site). Kinda shocking if you ask me. Didn't expect anything from it but I suppose I'm glad I didn't go over the board being wild. Frens told me about the broadcasting thing and the photographer thing is a different story.
Last night was the best. Especially the finale. Although last night a got my head hit at least 5 times. Twice by this ang mo camera guy(his camera knock my head) and the other times were by some drunk dancing gals, 1 doing the chicken dance and the other just plain drunk. Not to mention they all hit me on the same spot. Now my head sorta hurts.
Not only that but my left foot hurts too. I think it's coz of standing too much. Got joint problems la... And my cough is getting worse coz of too much smoke. Alot of ppl was smoking cigars this year.
Not to mention I did meet a few ppl through my frens. They all said they know me(or rather they knew a Lorraine from St Teresa school). I had to tell them that there were 2 other lorraine's from my year. Next thing you know, they say I'm the wrong lorraine. That's a confirmation of me being a nobody since young.
The rainforest made me realized I'm more confident about myself and less worried about things. I seem to take things easier now and proudly bring myself around. I dunno whether it's suppose to be a good thing or not coz I feel more connected to the worldly side of things then the christianity side. I'm more confident about myself so for me I'm turning into a respectable person and am improving character-wise.
More updates soon...
Me going to upload pictures on my computer and get to bed. Have to send siblings to school in the morning....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home