Thursday, December 07, 2006

Piano duet

Basement again... SIMON TEDESCHI & KEVIN HUNT

It was totally AWESOME....
The combination of classical and jazz. It was brilliant. I can still see their fingers moving on the piano keys and it was like person and piano were one. That made me continue to dream about going to Berklee in Boston. That was the kinda way I wanted to play the piano. The kind of way I wanted to approach the piano. The kinda way I wanted to express myself on the piano.
Made me wonder what I am going to do in Berklee. I could do vocal, or production or composition(then again maybe not composition). I was so inspired to work even harder on the piano. Although my friends think I work too hard on it for a minor student. I wanna reach a state of greatness(ok, maybe not as good as the performance major ppl) but good enough to play a few times without errors and without much effor or pain.
*sigh*
Talk about pianos...
Have been teaching my cousin piano for 2 weeks. Surprisingly I don't find it as torturing as teaching my mum's student. Maybe it coz she actually wants to learn. The money is not bad too... ;) I think I'll definately teach next year. At least a few hours a week. That would take my mind off things. The satisfying feeling. I'll be super busy next year. But what the heck.
Hopefully I can transfer into music education next year. Results came out. Not to bad although I'm not too happy with it. There ARE improvement from last sem but was hoping for a better result. I suppose we can never be satisfied. Or maybe that's just me.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home