Friday, February 15, 2008

It’s the best day of my Chinese new year this year. The 8th day of Chinese New Year was is the same day as Valentines’ Day.
I followed my friend to her father’s house to eat. It was the biggest house I’ve ever been to. It’s the big mansion near Hilton. I was totally amazed with the amount of cars, the back garden, the house itself and the things they had in the house. It was unbelievable.
Although Valentines’ Day was really lame with the town flooded with cars the buildings were empty with no ppl in clubs or lounges. And if you’re wondering, I never get anything for Valentines’ Day, so don’t ask.
It was Glady’s bday so I kept her company. We tried playing pool like idiots. It’s my 2nd playing and I’m starting to love it considering I’m getting better at it. And around 10pm the host had the traditional group of ppl o the lion dances and Chinese characters around the house.....





Don’t ask me about the characters. I have no idea what is what or which is which. There was the long dragon as well but I don’t have a pic of it. It’s not the usual lion dances we see. But it was interesting. Never seen such a thing in my life so I’m glad today happened the way it did.
At around 11 plus they had fireworks.....





It was magnificent. Standing underneath the blast made it feel magical. The colours made it exciting and the different kinds of pattern made a beautiful art work. I felt like I was in a different world seeing the most beautiful thing. You could see me smile cheek to cheek like a little girl. The feeling is indescribable. The blast made my heart stop beating a couple of times and sometimes it reminded me of stories of the war but the feeling went back to a magical world in another dimension. It was breath taking.
After the whole night we went back to play pool then I had to go back. I was actually hoping to get a few phone calls. Nobody called but my wonderful good friend A. Thanks A you’re the best, I just needed to talk to someone and know someone’s there to help me go through hell(that’s another story).
*Ahem*
Anyways, conclusion....I can’t wait to go play pool again =)
And by the end of it all.... the last pic ....

2 Comments:

At 7:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was gladys' bday???

how come she never told us?

she told me it's on 23rd...
:S

 
At 11:34 pm, Blogger Aleckii said...

Nice to see that you had fun on Valentine's. Here in Kursk life's just boring as usual. Snowing heavily and nothing else.

Lowell's birthday was yesterday, by the way. Took him out for lunch just now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home