Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Wang Lee Hom

Chinese born American but now live in Taiwan.Studied in Berklee majoring in violin.Both brothers doctors(i think).
He was the reason why i got my foot back into music.
When I left for kl I didn't actually know what I wanted to do.I just wanted to leave Kuching and be free like the bird.Only on my 2nd Sem after meeting my music frens there did I realise that I actually wanna do music.There was when I knew that music was my life that without music,I'm nothing.
I got to know Lee Hom through Li Yien which was quite amazing how we actually met but that's another story.. =) I've actually heard about this Lee Hom guy.Most gals were crazy about him and he was a fresh star.But I didn't really bother.As usual I just roll my eyes and turn the other side.Anyways,I went over to Li's room at tat really not knowing wat to do.I think that time it was pass midnight.And we finish playing our violins(i think.Can't remember la gal... ;p) She showed me 1 of his biography video thingy.Though it was all in chinese,I was really amazed.By his performance,by the way he brought himself about,by how he played his music,by the whole thing.Esp when he was playing this solo part on the violin.It was really something.That was when I realised that music's gonna be my thing no matter what.That made me wanna go Berklee and learn to play music confidently in front of ppl by improvising my own tune.That made me have more dreams in music then I could have ever imagined.
Whenever I'm low to do music,i just take out his cd's and listen to them.It puts me back on track and makes me look ahead of time.Though his later cd's are sorta getting worse then his earlier cds.Oh well... at least I'm doing something that brings me back to life and calms my aching soul at times.
I'm glad I went to kl and met Li and the gang and joined music society and did the moral project.All leads to another which is what I am today though I've actually wasted 2-3 years.
=)
~music to the ears is the healing to the soul.... ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home