Sunday, May 28, 2006

Fear of heights conquered

sorta...
Went with 3AM for indoor rock climbing. At 1st when I saw the activity in the bulletin, I didn't even bothered about it coz no way am I gonna do something with heights. I sorta told Nic and Vani and they sorta got me to follow them for today.
When we reached the place, I got shocked at the height of the thing. Chickened out a little. Stoned a little and started shivering and turned cold. But Nic pushed me into it and since I was there I might as well try it once so at least I can tell ppl I've done it before. It was AU21 and I paid for it. Expensive but it's worth it if you do it.
The 1st try was terrifying. I reached the top but getting down was sorta a problem. Thank goodness Nic's fren was holding my rope. Somehow I felt safer and confident when he was at my rope instead of the other guys. I came down trembling like when I came down the 'giant swing' in Melbourne camp.
I went up a few more though there were more I wanted to do and nobody wanted to come with me to hold my rope so I ended up walking around and finally giving up altogether. Got bored and did my assignment. Actually my hands were pretty painful so I sorta stopped. But I think I went to the top 3-4times and halfway 2 times. That was alot of work and energy and I'm proud of myself =)
Fear of heights? I still do but now it doesn seem to be that bad.lol... I suppose I have Nic to thank..... He's gonna make me face all my fears or so says him...

2 Comments:

At 2:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo!!!

(hey pianists are supposed to have really strong fingers you know :P)

 
At 10:22 pm, Blogger mya said...

lol..... tats y my fingers and arms don't hurt. It's my muscle at my ribs area --> Trying to hang on the monkey bars long enough though not successful... =)
Suprisingly I was expecting to have the most pain outta the rock climbing but didn't.
Oh wellz....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home