Friday, May 12, 2006

Today's not bad a day...

It went really smoothly. And I'm glad it did. =)
Woke up real early as usual. Deciding whether to bring my clarinet to practise. Ended up carrying extra load. Got my assignment in my bag. And left flowers for aunt(got her flowers for mother's day).... yea yea... I know... I always do these kinda things and I can't help it. It's what I am n who i am. Left a not with the flowers....
Reached uni and practised piano for at least an hour. Went for class(creative music skill). Today was great. I got to play. The lecturer put me on the organ. 1st time working it. It was really funny coz me and my fren was trying to figure it out. Couldn't get the sound out and stuff. Had the lectuere help us. We continued our composed song as a group - "clock work rain". That's wat we called it. Pretty cool. This time Aaron didn't get the chance to play. I suppose now he knows how I feel. The harpsichord wasn't in class(I was grateful for that. Hate the sound of that instrument). Piano was taken by N. Could never stand it when he touched the piano. When Mr P asked him to give a tuning note(on A), he played a hell lotta notes. I was rolling my eyes and kept my cool. Then the gal next to me(plays the bassoon) told everyone to keep quiet and shot back at N to play a solid A. Finally.... someone making a noise. I've been trying to tell that fella to tone down and give other ppl a chance but he just wanna continue boasting and boasting.... I did my thing though it was only 1 note. It wasn't bad at all.... N was given a solo part which he was longing but he totally screwed it up. So that's that.....
Significant Methods after that was pretty cool as well(music education subject). Was real fun =) Nothing much to say considering it was the last lesson for Dalcroze topic. Passed up my assignment and felt hungry abit but that didn't bother me coz I was all =) Talked to the lecturer about the education function happening at kl soon realizing that it's when the semester starts. Then she asked if I was international student and how long I've been in Aussie. I told her almost 3 months. Friends over heard me saying all that. Then they asked how long I've learned english. That sounded like an insult for asian people overseas isn't it? I told them I've been speaking english whole life. Then I made it clear with them that we all speak english back home. Made me realize aussie's are still in their nut shell comparatively to overseas student. Malaysia is not a bad country and I don't think we should be called the 3rd world country. We are actually quite equavelant to growing countries like Singapore or Aussie or NZ.
After 3 hours of class, I went to find practise rooms to continue practising. Walking out of class I read a really really sweet msg someone sent to me(you know who u r) =) It's like the sweetest thing anyone has said to me =) Now that made my day even better. Lucky me I found a practise room, had my lunch. Practise piano for another hour then my clarinet for 45 minutes. And was disturbed by a fren(another admirer so it seems). I was cleaning my clarinet so he went out and got us a hot cup of choc though I didn't really want it. Trying to save money. But if it means socializing then what the heck. Talked to him and walked around for awhile. Then met up with my other 2 frens.
Had 'dinner' with them(only a small bite.Nothing cheap and nice to eat in the city). Went back to uni to watch an operatic done by the students. Title was "2 weddings and an engagement"-Marriage of Figaro(act3) in a foreign language by Mozart and A Dinner engagement in english by Berkeley. To tell you the truth, it was brilliant. The acting and their voices. Had a few favourites. They are both comic operas... =) Made you wanna know more of the story. For the engagement, it was sweet but then one of the strings were out which was really annoying for my ear. Frens didn't hear it though.There was only a small orchestra for the 2nd act. Pretty cool I must say. I was impressed. Makes me wanna do music theater even more.
After that 3 of us walked outta uni. We talked so much and laughed alot after everything finish that we didn't realize we were like the only 3 audiance in the hall. Hugged good bye and I went home. I was warm the whole day though only wearing 1 layer of clothing. It's 21 degrees max and 11 min today. Going home was quite chilly but not freezing yet.
Came bck to an empty house. Watched tv, vacumed room, called for transport to church tmr and relaxed. Today went smoothly and I'm glad for that.
Tmr there is sure gonna be a mother's day special program in church(I hate it) and orchestra in the afternoon(I'm looking forward for that) =) Wonder what interesting experience I'll be having tmr... Hopefully sweet ones... ;)

1 Comments:

At 2:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home