Wednesday, June 07, 2006

1st Concert Practise

Damn scary.
Woke up at 530am. Arrived uni at 725am.Practised till 820am.concert practise at 9am.

I was sooo nervous I cudn't really think clear. I was afraid I'd screw up bad time. The other piano players waiting around me were seniors which made it worse for me. On the program sheets, they put me as a 2nd year student when I'm actually a 1st year.
Performance? I came in. and nobody actually clapped. I went blank and couldn't find my words. There were not many ppl that came but I was happy for that. =) Finally i found my tongue and spoke. I got on the piano and could feel myself trembling. Fingers were ok(which was good) but legs were horrible. I couldn't control the pedaling coz my feet were trembling big time. I wondered if anyone saw it. I didn't stop but my rhythm was abit messy. I didn't really stumble. I went all the way. After that then I got the applause.
I let out a huge sigh. I feel much lighter now. Glad it's over. All i need to do now are 2 assignments and exams.
After concert practise I went to see the comment sheets(written by the students). Suprisingly I was the best piano performer today. I suppose now I feel much more confident though I hate the fact that ppl now think I'm a 2nd year student instead of a 1st year. Oh wellz...
Glad it's all over for this semester.... =)
Thanks for your prayers and moral support, guys.... =)

2 Comments:

At 12:18 pm, Blogger Dael said...

Did you know by being nervous, you have a better chance of doing SO MUCH BETTER than if you were not nervous?

According to my speech class textbook, people DO NOT notice exactly how nervous you are. They might only see that you have trouble finding your words when inside you are about to crumble. So they might not have noticed your trembling legs.

You did well and you will still continue to do well!

Live the life of a performer!!!

*Muackkks*

 
At 4:24 pm, Blogger mya said...

:)
I suppose but I think NOT being nervous would be better. I would have been great if it weren't for my nervousness.
My fren did say I look casual bowing after my piece. As what I am, I hide my true self most the time so most the time ppl don't know i'm scared or nervous or rather angry or about to cry...
=) Thanks lyn...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home