Wednesday, March 19, 2008

musically retarded

Didn't know what to put down as the title =)
*sigh*
Seen soo many doctors that I've just given up on myself. Few days ago I went to see a couple of drs and they say I have tendonitis. Which means no playing ANY instrument for the next few months. How am I gonna survive? Most of my subjects requires playing the instrument or the movement of hands(conducting). I tried playing my clarinet yesterday and after 30-60min my wrists hurt like hell. I've stopped playing the violin completely, I tried playing the guitar again but it's the same case. I can't play piano for awhile coz it just hurts and it's my major instrument. Not to mention I'm still having the irritated sore throat which is preventing me from singing ='(
*sinff* *sob* I really wanna sing and play the instrument. I wanna play in orchestras and make mistakes and just have fun with my music.
But then with all these crap, something always happens to make it better. I decided to be sociable yesterday and went out with a bunch of international students (postgrads). Was talking to this phD lady who does pole dancing and plays the bassoon. She said her research was on musical injury and she explained that she had the same problem and had no solution as well. She also recommended another guy in Sydney. I think I'll give him a go. I so wanna play the piano again and get bck on my 2 feet again.....

1 Comments:

At 12:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa... These sort of injuries take a while to heal. I had a minor one in my left hand from playing too much guitar at one point. You have to really take a break n not push urself 2 hard or else the injuries cud bcome permanent and require surgery. I knw you have ur studies to worry about, so just ration it out and take regular breaks. E.g. Have a 2 minute rest for every 10-15 minutes that you play ur instrument. Get well soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home