Tuesday, April 18, 2006

melbourne

I'm in love with it. It's a beautiful place with beautiful ppl. Felt kinda sad leaving the place yet glad I'm back coz the wheather in Sydney is SSSOOOOO much better and warmer not forgetting pradictable.
~Briefly about my easter holiday.....
Left for melb on Thursday morning. When we land, I was shocked with the sight. Friends were telling me how nice melb was. The land mark around the airport was shocking. No greens at all. Wide open space. The journey all the way to the city was the same. I didn't know wat to think. Thank goodness the city wasn't like tat. I loved the city.
Met Joel and Qing in the city. Had lunch then we met Nila.
Really missed Nila. Haven met her for 5 years or so now. And she's still the same pretty, sporting, out going girl. I hang out with her the rest of the day till 11pm. I didn't feel weird or anything. I felt visible and wanted. I felt like I've met my long lost friend. Wish I had more time with her. That night I went over her friends place to help them with arts and crafts. I really miss doing artsy stuff.... *sigh* Makes me remember the good old days.
Friday was something.Reached church super early so went over Joel's place with Qing and Edmund. Lazed around while the boys played PS2 and Qing talked to the parents. Left for camp realizing there were alot of Kuching ppl there. Made me happy to meet my old english teacher and her husband again. They didn't recognize me at all. Made me feel like they were my parents. Felt this strange feeling. Felt nice to see familiar faces. I suppose I'm glad I went to the camp. Met extra-ordinary ppl there and it wasn't so bad. In fact it's 1 of my favourite camps. Though at times I did feel ignored and hopeless.
The rest of the days at camp was ok. Visited the 12 apostles. But there were only 8 left. Wrist hurt badly though and chest pain returned. Tried to control the pain to realize there were a few ppl with similar conditions like mine. Loved nature and everything but at night, at the camp it was really freezing cold. And the cold wind didn't help at all.... Didn't have proper sleep since i was at camp. Couldn't sleep at all considering I'm a light sleeper, that didn't help much as well. But with that i actually gotta know alot more ppl.
2nd last day was horrible. Woke up feeling like something was not right. Next thing I knew it, I was suppose to do this "Great Swing" thingy. Those who were afraid of heights all had to do it. Only 3 outta 7 were really afraid and I'm included as 1 of the frighten ones. If we did it, we would be donating AU50 to some needy society(forgot wat it's called liaw... ;p).I didn't wanna be a spoilt sport so i did it anyways with full of fear. Thank goodness for Joel and my team members coz I really couldn't take it. 1st try was horrifying. Just the thought of it scares me. I have really wild imaginations(tat's y I have lotsa fears). I felt my eyes water and I had my eyes shut the whole time holding tightly to the rope. I didn't dare do anything. I didn't scream. All i did was "oh shit... oh shit". I thought the 2nd would be better considering that's what the other ppl before me seem to say and I was too freaked out to say I've had enough. This time I felt like dying. I came down trembling. I couldn't wait to get back on land. I was still and ok until i started trembling and when Joel and the rest brought me to the bench, I just started crying outta fear. I couldn't help it. Tears just started flowing down. I'm not EVER going to do this again.
Now my whole body hurts, but out of it all I DID enjoy. I've never laughed so much in 2 years. I've never felt so relaxed in 3 years. I've never felt lighter....
Spent the last day in Melb hanging around with Joel and Thad. Friends say I should get girlfriends to hang out with instead of guys... lol...
Anyways tmr will be shopping and will be busy again with studies, tutorials and assignments pluss presentation preperations. Can't wait till weekend again.
Can't wait for the future. Life is starting to get really interesting... =)
Now all I have to do is fix my chest pain and wrist problem. I'm still clueless on what to do.

3 Comments:

At 1:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! melb! :D
just dropping by to say hi,
and
that
u
shoudln't
practise
so
much.
hehehe.
(it's bad for u! ;)
good luck with tat assignment!

 
At 10:40 pm, Blogger mya said...

lol...
thanks... =)
But i can't help but to practise... ;p
Life is completed without practising everyday... =D
lol...

 
At 11:33 pm, Blogger qUiRkiN said...

yeah! go M-E-L-B-O-U-R-N-E!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm thankful that you enjoyed the trip, even if there were some lousy times. life's not perfect. but the main thing is... you got your break away from 'life' for a bit. the main reason i wanted you to come here was so that you would have a good time and just recover at least a little bit from all the stresses you've been going through. hope you remember the messages our foreign speaker came to give as well. God bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home