Friday, July 21, 2006

How did he do that?

Today was my 1st day of singing lessons.. yup. singing.
I was nervous coz I've never gone for any singing lessons at all. Mum only practises with me. She doesn't teach me. But i have a grade 5 in it.
Was going to chicken out. Was wondering how my teacher would look like. Was hoping he was some old, short, gentle guy. And it was kinda frightening going to a house of a person you don't know, taking lessons.
When i heard his voice, i was like "whoa!!" He has a nice voice. Then when I saw him, he was the opposite from my thoughts. He was a little taller then i, cute, young(about 2 years after graduate), nice and 'quite' funny.
His place was nice although he says looks messy. He's a fan of Alias(your fren,lyn) =). He's got the whole series of it on his shelf. He's on musical theater which is one of my dreams =) and he has this cute facial expression esp when acting dumb.
Overall? I've never had such fun in a music lesson before. Seriously. We did technical work which was quite fun but challenging. I reached to 2 octaves E(when i used to only reach high G uncomfortably) and low F(used to reach G uncomfortably). I was amazed. There was a sense of great accomplishment. I felt happy and i was smiling most the time.
He was talking about chest voice, head voice and falsetto. Rather interesting.
To my surprise, he also recorded the whole lesson for my own practise although it's a pity he can't play the piano. I have to sing without the piano which gives me more pressure hearing more of my voice then blending together with the accompaniment.
He kept asking if I've ever had lessons before. I said "no". My 1st exam was grade 5. He was amazed telling me that I was already quite good. lol... That made me feel even better today.
I wonder how next week will be. All i have to do is listen to the cd and practise at least twice before next lesson.
I'm not a fan of practising.(piano is an exception)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home