Sunday, July 16, 2006

"The Sorcerer"

Just finished.
Relieved yet not happy about it.
Everything went crazy. Mic was noisy and certain parts the battery died. Lighting? Those stupid lazy idiots don't even bother following the script. I went over the whole thing with them more then 5 times. They just depended on the moving spot light. I had to run from left stage to right then to the front of the hall and back again just to make sure everything is in order. I think overall I worked the hardest. I was practically cursing when the lights wasn't switched off and mum got the orchestra to play instead of waiting for my que. That's the problem when they all don't take things seriously and listen to me.
Crowd?? Sad.... Hall wasn't filled. With everything going wrong I felt like I didn't do a good job. Not many ppl noticed how much work i've been putting on running up and down and stuff. Felt terrible. And not to mention on the program sheet, they put me as assistant stage manager while the stage manager was some unknown malay fella whom we have never seen. Talk about ppl taking all the credits from the efforts I do. Happens all the time for my case.
Didn't know whether to cry, scream or hide myself. I hate it all... Only a few came up to me to say well done. And those ppl are not the ppl I expected to say anything to me.
With the pictures and camera video recording, now I wished i didn't get them or paid them. The whole thing was shit. There goes my savings. One of the camera man came up to me congratulating me which made me feel better. When I came home, dad came down the stairs straight away to do the same. I was surprised but what the heck. I don't wanna think about it.
I wanna practise piano and get back to uni.
Which reminds me over again not to ever come bck home to work here or do anything here coz nobody gives a damn. Especially when it's a muslim country with majority of the population being the laziest ppl around.
Can't wait to leave this sad place....

1 Comments:

At 8:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn internet connection problem made me miss this much info.

Haduh...
I thought you said it's settled - meaning KPSU paying for it.

The cameraman's name is Ronald btw. He's an media/art connoiseur from what I gathered from talking to him before the show started.

Anyhow, truth hurts. Gotta' live with it.

I know i've said it many times already - but it was well done, thanks to your efforts and at such a short span of time.

Was really surprised to see the list of malay names in the inappropriate places.

A learning curve, lessons learned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home