Saturday, April 12, 2008

Aurora festival 2008

I just got bck from working there. It's a volunteer thing for our assignment for 'music festival and administration'. I was co-ordinator for tonight. Absolutely tiring i think. Or maybe it's just me. Surprisingly it's my easiest most relaxing job as being boss. My members did my job and although we had last minute changes, everything went smoothly.
We all came late for the briefing but he had that later on. Interesting night although the music wasn't my taste of music (classical contemporary music). Our dinner was crap. Had sandwitches from the cafe. It was 1 place which looked like less then 1/4 of a loaf of bread for 6 people. We ended up getting mc donalds but the organizor/my lecturer felt bad and gave us each AU5 for our dinner. We felt bad taking it but we did.
It was life broadcast at ABC classical FM. 1 of the composer and a newspaper critic were late and we couldn't let them in until they string quartet finished their piece.
While working we(the volunteers) were just talking. I had to talk. Couldn't stand silence and it would feel awkward considering we're working together and I'm boss. I was teaching a girl key signature and an easy way I figured out myself figuring out the key signature and stuff. I only then realised the many techniques I found out my whole life learning music on my own. I can really teach and ppl I teach most of the time learn well from me. Be it maths or music. Anything I've figured out while going through my favourite subjects. It feels nice knowing it but the fact that I don't wanna teach for a career still stands firm. I still wanna sing and perform. That has always been my passion. Although I'm still stage fright. My mind is not stage fright but my body just responds automatically. Weird I know but thats how it is. And to think I've been performing almost all my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home