Tuesday, December 06, 2005

SONS classic orchestra sucks-----> BIG TIME!!!

Went to try it out considering I quit my jazz orchestra.I just miss the feeling of playing in a group producing really nice music.I can't seem to get that now being in Kuching.It's like the music quality is really going down low.
Anyway,today was my 1st try out.Went there everyone had a serious face on.The thing is i could feel the uncomfortable feeling all around me.But what the heck.Played a few pieces or rather sightread everysingle one.Considering I was new I marked a few markings on the music sheats and put down my violin just for a slight second to mark or to figure out the tempo.The problem?? ---->> the stupid conductor.
He scolded me indirectly which made me really feel tremendously absolutely embarrass.The doesn't give the beat for each piece.Just expect us to come in just like that.So i was like not only trying to figure out the timing but also sight reading and trying to catch the bowing considering the whole violin section's bowing parts were in a huge mess....He didn't scold my violin teacher or the other teachers there.That made me real pissed off which comes back to the conclusion.... I should have listen to mum from the begining.She never actually let me join that particular conductor's orchestra.Now that really added up into my frustrating week.
All i just wanted to do was have fun during the Christmas season playing with a group of musicians producing real nice music for people to listen.Is that a sin?I can't even enjoy my most favourite season.Even the cantata is starting to sound sucky to me sorry to say.It's like people don't try their best to produce nice music.It's like they don't hear the horrible music they make.What has become of the music here?I'm even starting to feel that my sense in music playing and hearing is getting worse.And when i say worse i mean worse.I just can't wait to leave this place.I can't imagine my music becoming any worse then what it is now.And I'm worried about it.
Overall... advise to all musicians in Kuhching... DON'T EVER EVER join the classic orchestra coz you'd not only not enjoy it but you're standard of playing would be worse...

5 Comments:

At 2:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ridiculous!!!u shud have known beter....seeing tat u've been in an orchestra b4!n who chews gum while playin?(heard this from a fren who's in d orchestra)ur lucky the conductor din c tat!!!it cud haf been worse....

 
At 2:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do u daresay this 2 ur teachers n d rest of d teachers there??wudn't they b a better judge s 2 whether its gud or not?they wudn't b asking their students 2 join if it was s bad s u said it was.!

 
At 2:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop insulting us!!!sour grape!

 
At 2:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree wif the rest...dun say all those things when uve just attended 1 practice...we were practising 4 xmas concert.so we were xpexted 2 noe all our parts....who askd u 2 jz show up?anywayz,he wudn't haf askd u 2 join d concert....

 
At 3:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.that's not very nice.juz one practice doesn't give u the right to comment like this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home