Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Uni

It's scary and is what I've feared.
Reached yesterday for orientation.It was really scary.I didn't know a single person and I was the only Malaysian there.Sat down in the music workshop alone.Everybody seemed to know everybody.There were at least 80% Australians there.Nervous and was hoping some friendly person would come talk to me.Before that I tried talking to 2 person but they were snobbish.Actually 66% of them are the uptight,snobbish batch.Esp the younger ones.The youngest is around 17 and the oldest I've met who's really nice and friendly is a 29 who has a kid already.It seems to me that older ppl are nicer ppl then the younger ones.Though I don't know the reason.
The 1st person I got to know was this Indian fella from India.But when he talked,eveything just had to be him.He kept talking about how good he was and stuff.Really freaky.Didn't talk much about me.Actually that's what I've been doing.Listening to what those ppl had to talk about themselves.2nd person I met was this Singaporian Australian fella.Pretty nice but suprisingly his name is the same name as the 2nd person I met in college.Can't to think of it,I hated the 1st person I met as well.
Anyways,they alocated me with this mentor.The ppl were all very nice but they were all composers.So I switched to the pianist group of ppl which were not very friendly and nice.The whole time I kept wondering wheather I made the right choise.Why am i here?I'm not even good at anything.Things just started getting worse.It seems that international students are not allowed to get discounts for public transports.The discounts were only ment for local students.I was lost and puzzled and it seemed to me that it's kinda hard getting ppl to help you out.Don't feel like joining any activities.Was thinking of joining the music theater but kinda chicken out.Will join in next year though.I found out that I can't major in piano coz I'm doing music studies.Which made me think I might just as well go to Melbourne U where they accepted me into music education and they let me major an instrument.My name wasn't even on the uni list.Bugger..... In a short while I have to go find some dean to sit for some small test which alocates me into a class.To make the day worse,i took the train which over shot my stop and had to take another train back.
Even my dream haunted me.Made me wonder what I'm doing here.It's not like I have friends around here to seek help from.Maybe I should just get married and rott.
But all in all I just gotta try right?It'll be hard.Definately it will be but it's like they say..."the greatest ppl known in history failed a million times before creating something perfect"....
Anyways I better go find the dean now.Wouldn't be hearing from me until i get my connection.
p/s:-getting my piano today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home